A wheel bearing removal tool is designed to dismantle a wheel bearing as carefully as possible, without damaging the mounting seat. Some of these tools can also be used to install a new wheel bearing.
Wheel bearing removal tools: 8 important facts and tips
- Mechanical wheel bearing removal tools are the simplest in design, but require a significantly higher physical exertion. Tools of this kind are effective when working with compact components.
- For removing large wheel bearing assemblies on commercial vehicles, buying a hydraulic wheel bearing removal tool is advised. Hydraulic tools make the work easier and less time-consuming.
- Many models are operated by screwing-in a special forcing screw. It exerts pressure on the claws that remove the car part. Generally, the tool is fitted with three working elements of this kind, to ensure proper distribution of the force applied to the part being removed. In some devices, the claws are only used to fix the component, while the spindle is responsible for removing it. There are also pullers with separators. This design helps to prevent misalignments.
- In our catalogues, you can find devices with a thrust washer. In most cases, they make it possible to perform the required operations without removing the steering knuckle and suspension strut.
- Some models of the tools have to be used together with a slide hammer to dismantle the wheel bearing. Slide hammers generally need to be bought separately.
- However, sometimes the tools are available as a set. The sets include items that differ from each other in size. Having bought a set, you’ll be ready to remove parts of different diameters.
- Before you start working, it is necessary to carefully read the manufacturer’s recommendations. First of all, it is important to examine the wheel bearing removal tool for damages. If any defects are found, the tool should not be used.
- When the job is performed directly on the car, it is advisable to use a car lift. The car should be securely fixed.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Our catalogue is well categorised so that all items - including a wheel bearing removal tool or other product - are easy to find. The products we sell are inexpensive and characterised by high quality. Along with reasonable prices, we offer the possibility of free delivery. Our experts from the customer support team will be happy to provide you with any necessary information or answer any questions.