An inner bearing puller is often used when removing press-fitted parts or dismantling components located in tight spaces. For example, this tool is required when dealing with crankshaft couplings, bearings and bushes.
Inner bearing pullers: 5 important facts and tips
- Inner bearing pullers differ by design and operating principle. Some function through turning the forcing screw. When doing this, the claws are moved apart to the necessary distance to securely grasp the part. After that, the worker screws the nut on the shaft to gradually press out the part. There are also models with a slide hammer. The car part is removed due to the blows delivered with it.
- The impact tool is often supplied in a kit together with several interchangeable extractors. This allows inner bearings of different sizes to be removed.
- Many inner bearing pullers are made of tool steel and are usually hardened. In our catalogues, you can find pullers coated with titanium nitride, which makes them resistant to corrosion and temperature changes.
- The axle of the tool should be positioned at a right angle to the part that is being removed. If this is not done, the tool can be damaged. If it is incorrectly attached, the risk of damaging the mounting seat of the part increases.
- Before you start working, it is necessary to make sure that the part is securely fixed, otherwise, during the working process, the tool can slip off.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We stock pullers and separators for dismantling various car parts. You can buy products for car maintenance inexpensively on onlinecarparts.co.uk in just a couple of clicks. Thanks to receiving the required equipment in just a few days, you’ll be able to get down to work as soon as possible. Specialists from our customer support team will be happy to help you find and buy an inner bearing puller or any other item you need which will be suitable for you both in terms of its price and specifications.