Oil seal pullers are used, for example, for maintenance of the engine and steering rack. They allow to remove seals quickly and carefully.
Oil seal pullers: 6 important facts
- These tools can be universal, i.e. suitable for operations with different assemblies, or they can be specialized. The latter are designed for working with particular car parts. For example, these can be pullers for valve stem oil seals. When working with crankshafts and camshafts, you’re going to need an oil seal puller fitted with hooks for gripping the car part and with a push rod for pulling it out. There are also devices with working elements that slide apart and grip the car part from the inside. Tools of this type are used, in particular, to replace steering rack seals.
- The devices offered in the catalogues differ by the way they are operated. For example, it might be necessary to pry up the car part with the hook, then to set the push rod against the shaft and then press the handle. The tools used for removing steering rack seals are often operated by turning the handle.
- It is necessary to protect the devices from moisture. A dry place should be chosen for storage.
- The equipment should be compatible with the size and type of the component you’re going to dismantle. Before you get down to work, it is important to make sure that the device is properly assembled and doesn’t have any defects.
- You should be very careful when pulling the car part out. Otherwise, there is a risk of damaging its mounting seat.
- When removing components, it is important to observe the safety rules. For example, it is acceptable to perform any jobs on an engine only after it has cooled down. Besides, before starting to work, it is necessary to disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We inexpensively sell pullers and separators designed for dismantling various car parts. For example, you can buy oil seal pullers with minimum expenses. Specialists of the onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will quickly ship your purchase, so that you would be able to start car repair at the earliest possible time. If, before placing an order, you would like to obtain more information about the prices and product specifications, contact the customer support service team. They’ll definitely help you to make the choice.