Flange pullers help to dismantle car parts very carefully without damaging neither them nor their mounting seats. They are used, for example, to dismantle brake discs or exhaust system components.
Flange pullers: 7 important facts
- Mechanical tools are suitable for small workloads. Their design includes claws and the forcing screw. The gripping elements ensure a secure fix of the car part, and the screw, when turned in, applies a small pressure on it. As a result, the part can be easily removed from its shaft. The main advantage of mechanical devices is their low price. Hydraulic equipment is more efficient. The required impact is created due to increasing the pressure of the liquid in the hydraulic cylinder. Using these flange pullers saves workers’ time and effort.
- The most widely spread are the tools with claws. There can be two or three working elements in these devices. Models with two claws can be used for dismantling car parts located in hard-to-reach places. Three claws ensure a more uniform distribution of the force applied to the car component.
- In the catalogues, you can also find devices that are attached to a car part with fasteners. For this purpose, they are fitted with holes.
- The device must be used according to the manual. For instance, it is not permitted to exceed the maximum allowable load specified there.
- Before you get down to work, it is necessary to examine the tool: there should be no deformed elements or traces of working fluid leakage. If any defects are found, the device cannot be used.
- It is desirable to prevent the tools from getting in contact with moisture. It is better to choose a dry place for storage.
- Hydraulic equipment shouldn’t be exposed to high temperatures. Otherwise, it can become out of order. Besides, it is very important to prevent any foreign objects from getting inside the mechanism.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Want to buy tools inexpensively? Become a onlinecarparts.co.uk customer: we set affordable prices on all products. Thus, you’ll be able to buy flange pullers and other equipment on the most favourable terms. At our online shop, you will find the required item in a couple of minutes. If necessary, our assistants from the customer support team will be happy to tell you which pullers and separators will be suitable for accomplishing certain tasks.