Bearing separator ensures a secure grip of car parts and prevents any misalignments during the removal. As a result, it is possible to dismantle the part as carefully as possible. This device is convenient to use when dealing with press-fitted and thin-walled components as well as assemblies that are hard to reach. The car part is gripped from outside with two semi-circle elements (plates). These working elements are braced together with bolts. The car part is removed due to the impact of the forcing screw or hydraulic cylinder rod.
Bearing separators: 7 important facts
- These devices can be mechanical, i.e. be operated by turning the forcing screw manually. These tools are suitable for a small workload. Hydraulic tools allow for performing the required operations with less physical effort. Their design has a hydraulic cylinder. When increasing the pressure of the working fluid in it, significant force is applied to the part.
- Many devices have a counter stay. It is attached to the plates using special holes. In the catalogues, there are also models without a counter stay. They are cheaper, as a rule. However, in that case, the counter stay has to be bought separately. Sometimes, a hydraulic press is used instead.
- It is necessary to use pullers and separators according to the instructions. It is not allowed to change the configuration of the device. As a result, it can get out of order.
- Before you start working, it is necessary to make sure that the dimensions of the tool fit the part to be removed. It is also necessary to check whether the car part is securely fixed with the device. Otherwise, the tool can slip off, which increases the risk of injuries.
- You shouldn’t overtighten the forcing screw. Apart from that, it is not acceptable to apply any force to the bearing separator using striking tools.
- You should choose a clean place for storage, where the device won’t be exposed to moisture. It is better to keep all the components of the tool in a tool case; this way, they are less likely to get lost.
- If the device is fitted with a hydraulic cylinder, its seals have to be replaced from time to time.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
If you are looking for tools at low prices, opt for us. At onlinecarparts.co.uk you can buy bearing separator and many other things on favourable terms. If you need advice, contact our online shop assistants. They will be happy to help you to choose a perfectly suitable product.