Bearing and bush drivers are used for mounting and dismantling bushes, bearings and other press-fit car parts. They ensure uniform distribution of the force applied to the car part, which helps to gradually press it out. Using such devices reduces the risk of damaging the mounting seat.
Bearing and bush drivers: 7 important facts
- These tools differ from each other in diameter. Often, several devices of different sizes are sold as a set. The latter can also include additional elements, for example, thrust washers or pulling spindles. Before you start working, you should make sure that the specifications of the device are compatible with those of the car part to be removed.
- Many models are made of metal: aluminium alloy or steel. Highly durable metal tools are used to remove the parts assembled with an especially tight press fit, like, for example, suspension arm bushes. Plastic models that can be found in catalogues are corrosion-resistant and lightweight. They are suitable for pressing in gears, pulleys, bearings.
- Some devices are designed for working with units and assemblies of certain car models. Thanks to these tools, it is possible to perform the required operations with high precision.
- Commonly, bearing and bushing drivers are sold in a case. Using it later on for storage of the tools is the best option. In that case, the items will be protected from negative impacts of the environment.
- While using the tool, it is important to make sure that it tightly grips the car part to be removed. If any misalignment takes place, the mounting seat can be damaged. It is necessary to increase the applied force gradually.
- When the part has been removed, the mounting seat should be cleaned from dirt and corrosion spots. This will reduce the risk of premature wear and tear of a new part. Apart from that, the cleaned surface should be greased with an appropriate product.
- These tools do not need any special care. When the work is done, all you need to do is to clean them thoroughly with a dry cloth.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
If you need a high-quality puller or separator, visit us. onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop offers a wide range of devices for dismantling various car parts. Even today you can buy bearing and bush drivers with a warranty, and get a great deal. If necessary, assistants from the customer support service will help you to choose a suitable product. You will see for yourself that it is really possible to inexpensively buy reliable tools.