Bearing pullers allow these car components to be removed quickly and without damaging them. They are extremely useful when repairing an engine, an alternator, or when replacing a wheel hub.
Bearing pullers: 6 important facts and tips
- There are different types of bearing pullers in our online shop. Mechanical models are operated by the user’s efforts and are normally relatively cheap in price. The disadvantages include the inconvenience when dismantling large components and rapid fatigue of the worker. Hydraulic bearing pullers function due to the pressure of the special fluid, and in contrast, are more expensive but make removing bearings easier and less physically demanding. Using a hydraulic puller, it is possible to remove even large bearings from a commercial vehicle.
- The tools differ in the principle of operation. So, at our online shop, it is possible to order bearing pullers that are operated by turning in the screw of the threaded shaft. Removing bearings with the help of this device reduces the risk of damaging the mounting seat of the car part. There are also impact models that are fitted with a rod with a slide hammer on it. These are operated due to hits delivered by the latter, and make it possible to work even with corroded parts.
- Car parts can be gripped in different ways. Some bearing pullers have 2 or 3 claws that grip the part from the outside or inside, others have a collet that grips the inner bearing race. These devices can also be fitted with a thrust washer that allows to distribute the pressure applied to the component that is to be removed.
- Before you start working it is necessary to examine the bearing puller. If there are any defects, it should not be used.
- The bearing pullers should fix the car part securely. The forcing screw should be at a 90° angle to the part surface.
- It is recommended to wear special goggles when using this tool. This will help avoid eye injury by fragments in case of destruction of the extracted component.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
At our online shop you can inexpensively buy pullers and separators. Despite the low prices, all products at onlinecarparts.co.uk are characterised by high quality. Their reliability is supported by a warranty