Universal pullers are used to dismantle car parts of various configuration, including pulleys and bearings. These tools help to do the job quickly and carefully. The main feature of the majority of devices is reversible claws that allow the part to be gripped either from the inside or outside.
Universal pullers: 10 important facts and tips
- The devices differ in the number of the claws. There are models with two claws that are good for working with car parts in enclosed spaces. The catalogues often offer pullers with three claws. They make it possible to evenly distribute the force applied to the part, therefore, the risk of damaging the part is lessened.
- Mechanical universal pullers are suitable for working on small parts. The parts are removed by turning a special forcing screw.
- Large parts should be removed with hydraulic devices. Their design includes a cylinder with a special liquid. Due to the pressure created by the liquid in the cylinder, the force applied to the device significantly increases.
- Some mechanical models can be fitted with a hydraulic spindle to enhance their performance. Information on the possibility of such an upgrade of the device is stated by its manufacturer.
- Pullers and separators should be used in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Before you start working, carefully study the instructions and check whether all parts of the tool are securely attached to each other.
- Always inspect the device for defects. If you found any damages, never use it.
- Never dismantle more than one part at a time. Even if they are mounted one right after another, remove them one by one.
- It is important to make sure that the claws grasp the car part with all their working surface. Any misalignments in the removal process are unacceptable.
- Wearing a protective mask when carrying out work is recommended. It can reduce the risk of injuries.
- The puller shouldn’t be exposed to water as it leads to corrosion. For storage, choose a dry place.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We stock a large number of different tools and all of them are inexpensive. Our first-class service complements the low prices. The customer service team of our onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will be happy to help you choose suitable items. You’ll be able to buy universal pullers as well as many other things quickly and easily. Your purchase will be delivered within the shortest possible time.