Pulley pullers are used to mount and dismount friction wheels that transmit torque with the drive belt. They are used when repairing an engine, replacing an air conditioning compressor, alternator or hydraulic power steering pump. The design of the tool comprises a bar that is to be fixed on the car part to be removed, and a threaded spindle. When screwed in, the latter bears against the shaft of the car part or against a special spacer, which helps to press out the component.
Pulley pullers: 5 important facts and tips
- In the catalogues, there are devices for specific purposes and universal tools. Specific tools are designed to work on certain car models or to remove components of a particular assembly. With universal tools, it is possible to remove pulleys of almost all vehicles.
- At our online shop, there are pullers and separators that differ in design. For example, there are tools with the studs that are used to attach the tool to the part that is being removed. You should choose these devices considering the position and number of holes in the pulley. Models with claws make it possible to work with pulleys that have different designs, but they don’t fix them as securely.
- Before starting work with a pulley puller, it is necessary to study manufacturer’s recommendations and make sure that the device is not damaged. Using damaged tools can lead to injury.
- If the tool has claws, their position should be adjusted considering the diameter of the pulley that is being removed. This will prevent the device from slipping off.
- After completing work with a pulley puller, it should be cleaned of all contaminants using a dry cloth. When stored, the tool should be kept away from moisture as it can cause corrosion damage. So, it is better to keep the device in a tool box with a lid.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Here you can advantageously buy pulley pullers, threaded spindles, bearing and bushing drivers, and other tools. Thanks to our low prices, vehicle repairing and maintenance won’t cost you much. Place an order online today, and all necessary products will be delivered in a short time. Got a question? Ask our specialists from the customer support team: they will be happy to provide you with detailed information about onlinecarparts.co.uk services.