Vernier callipers are used to take external and internal measurements of various elements. For example, with their help, it is possible to determine the thickness of a metal sheet, diameter and depth of a drilled hole. They are made in the form of a bar fitted with jaws on its ends and on the slider that moves along the device.
Vernier callipers: 8 important facts
- Mechanical devices are sold at a low price. As a rule, they are characterised by durability. Most devices are fitted with a vernier scale. This additional scale allows taking measurements to the hundredth of a millimetre. Tools with a dial are easier to use. They are suitable for tasks that do not require high precision.
- In our catalogue, there are devices with an electronic display. They allow taking measurements of a car part in millimetres and inches quickly and accurately.
- If you need to measure the external dimensions of a car part, place it between the jaws of the bar. Then, push them together until they touch the car part. You can now read the data about the dimensions on the scale, dial or screen. When measuring the inner diameter, the jaws are placed into the hole and pulled apart.
- Many Vernier callipers are fitted with a depth rod. It is used to measure the depth of recesses.
- These tools can have two or four jaws. In the former case, devices are designed for taking either inner or external measurements. Tools of the latter type are suitable for measuring spares both from the inside and outside.
- When irregularities or signs of corrosion appear on these measuring instruments, the accuracy of results may decrease.
- You should monitor the position of the jaws of the device. It is important to make sure that they fit the part as tightly as possible. However, if you need to find out parameters of a soft element, jaws should touch it only slightly.
- During the process, functional parts of the tool should be locked. For this purpose, there is a special screw. Thus, the risk of inaccuracy reduces.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the internet shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Are you looking for inexpensive tools for testing? Here you can buy Vernier callipers and many other popular instruments on favourable terms. Consultants from our online shop will be happy to help you to choose products that will suit you perfectly well.