Angular torque gauges are used for installing threaded fasteners. These instruments display the angle of rotation of the tool. They will be useful when maintaining the engine, for instance.
Angular torque gauges: 7 important facts
- Most tools in this category are mechanical. They are inexpensive. These tools have a dial and pointer, and to apply force to the part they need an attachment of a suitable shape. The pointer shows the value of the degree of rotation. In order to do the task as precisely as possible, watch the dial all the time. Most often, mechanical gauges are used together with a torque wrench.
- There are also digital devices. They display the data they get from the sensors on a built-in screen. When the pre-set angle is reached, the tool produces a sound. Their main advantage is high accuracy.
- These devices differ depending on the way the scale is immobilized. For example, you can buy angular torque gauges fitted with a clamp. In that case, they are secured on the same principle as a clothespin. Apart from that, there are items secured with the help of a magnet.
- These measuring instruments have different scale increments. Most often they are either 2 ° or 5 °. Numerals can be placed with an interval of 10 ° or 30 °, for instance.
- Before you start working, it is necessary to read the manufacturer’s recommendations. Besides, you should check whether the device is assembled properly and all its parts are securely attached.
- Impacts can lead to the failure of the tool. It is important not to let it fall.
- You should set the pointer of the mechanical gauge to zero before every use. To do that, you need to turn a special screw or the body of the tool.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can choose angular torque gauges and place an order in just a couple of minutes. Low prices will help you to avoid overspending. Interesting novelties designed to make car servicing and maintenance easier are often added to the onlinecarparts.co.uk catalogue. If you need professional advice to make a purchase, contact the specialists from our online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk. They will be delighted to provide you with the necessary information.