Tape measures and rulers are used to ascertain the width, length and some other parameters of car parts. The former devices are made in the form of a flexible ribbon and can be used, for example, while working with car body parts and interior upholstery. The latter instruments consist of a length of a solid material. They are suitable for measuring small components. Scales can have divisions made in centimetres, inches or both.
Tape measures and rulers: 5 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, there are tape measures with different kinds of measuring elements. For example, there are devices with metal tape. They are durable and reliable, however, the markings made by paint wear out rather quickly. Besides, it is very easy to cut your fingers with sharp edges of the tape. Models with a plastic functional part are lightweight have a low price. Their scale stretches out with time and, due to that, the accuracy of the measurements drops. There are also high-precision instruments with a laser beam that can be used for working even with bulky auto parts. Remember that such equipment requires charging the battery from time to time.
- Tape measures you can find in an online shop differ by the type of the retractable mechanism. Some devices have to be retracted manually. They are inexpensive and are quite reliable, however, sometimes, when the tape is too long, using them is not very convenient. Other devices have a return spring to pull the tape in and a locking mechanism to lock it in a certain position. Apart from that, there are items fitted with an electric motor. They make the process easier and faster. Some measuring instruments display the information on a digital screen. Most of them feature a measurement memory function.
- By the material they are made of, rulers can be metal, plastic, or wooden. Metal tools are robust and resistant to mechanical damage; however, they are prone to corrosion. Plastic devices are lightweight and inexpensive but they can be rather fragile. Transparent tools do not hide the measured component. Wooden rulers are pleasant to the touch but humidity-sensitive.
- When taking measurements, it is important to make sure that the tape isn’t bent. Otherwise, it’ll affect the accuracy of the results.
- In order to maintain the performance of the tools, they have to be cleaned and dried when the work is over. Prevent sand from getting on the devices: it makes scale markings wear out.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk.
Would you like to buy tape measures and rulers as well as other tools on a bargain? Place your order at onlinecarparts.co.uk right now and purchase high-quality products at the most favourable terms. You can always ask our qualified customer support team any questions about the products. They will be happy to give you detailed information.