Squares and protractors are useful when mounting car parts that have to be installed at a particular angle. You may also need them for building or repairing a garage; when doors are being installed, for instance.
Squares and protractors: 10 important facts
- These devices have different operating principles. There are mechanical angle finders, which are characterised by durability, reliability and low price. Besides, there are electronic models with a digital display available for sale. The measurements taken with them are more accurate.
- Today, you may come across models with different designs. For example, angle finders can be folding. They have two plates with scales on them and are easy to use.
- Among mechanical devices, there are bevel protractors; their design features several movable blades and stops. With their help, you can measure both external and internal corners. These tools are often fitted with a magnifying glass for more precise readings.
- In the catalogues, there are devices with a dial. They are extremely easy to use. They are convenient for working with car parts in hard-to-reach places if they are not too small. At the same time, these devices are not suitable for use in conditions of high humidity and tolerate impacts poorly.
- There are measuring instruments intended to compare an angle with the reference value. They are made in the form of two rulers fixed at a particular angle.
- Among electronic models, there are non-contact devices that project intersecting beams onto the surface. They allow getting high-precision readings. It is convenient to use them to measure large objects.
- There are magnetic devices made in the form of a rectangular box. When using that kind of tools, there is no need to dismantle the car part. Such a device can be easily attached to an inclined surface and is suitable for working in tight spaces.
- Some protractors can measure angles of up to 180 ° but others – up to 360 °. Wood, plastic or metal can be used as materials.
- It is not recommended to use devices with deformed parts or cracks. Before you start, it is necessary to make sure that the tool isn’t damaged.
- It is better to store protractors in a case or cover. Besides, it is important to choose a dry place.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer inexpensive and useful tools for testing and repairing vehicles. For example, you can buy squares and protractors on favourable terms. If you need more information about the features of the items, contact the consultants from the customer support service of our online shop. They will be happy to help you to choose the best products that will be delivered in a short time.