Infrared thermometers are tools with which you can measure the temperature of an object without touching it. For example, they are used for testing an engine and braking system. They work by sensing the thermal energy of an object. A special sensor is responsible for converting the data into the electrical signal. The results are displayed on the screen. They have a laser pointer for more precise targeting.
Infrared thermometers: 5 important facts
- These devices differ depending on the possibility to adjust the emissivity settings. As a rule, models set to a constant emissivity of 0.95 are cheaper. Working with them might require some additional calculations. There are also models with adjustable emissivity settings; they allow getting more accurate results.
- Tools one can find in the catalogues differ by the method of displaying the results. Some of them display the temperature in degrees, others show graphic information with areas of high, medium and low temperatures marked with different colours.
- These devices should be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. In particular, before you start working it is important to find out what maximum temperature range these measuring instruments are designed for. It can be 625 or 1000 °C, for instance. Some models can be used only with heated objects and fail to perform their functions if the car part temperature is below a certain level.
- There should be no transparent objects including glass ones between the device and the tested component. Vapours or smoke in the room, contaminations on car part surface may prevent you from getting accurate results.
- Infrared thermometers are not always effective when working with shiny or polished metal parts. However, the accuracy of the results, in that case, can be increased by covering the tested object with a matte film.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can buy infrared thermometers and many other things in a couple of clicks. The product range offered in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk is constantly growing, so you won’t have to limit your choice. Specialists from the onlinecarparts.co.uk customer support will be happy to answer any questions concerning the prices or technical specifications of the products.