Rubber mallets are used during operations that require handling the components delicately. For example, they are a must-have for installing and removing fragile car parts and for auto body repairs as well. Using such tools minimizes the risk of scratches, cracks and other defects appearing on the processed surface.
Rubber mallets: 6 important facts
- The tools can have a white striking head intended for working with light surfaces. If the working part of the hammer is black, it is suitable only for operations with dark car parts. Besides, one side of the functional element can be white and the other – black. In that case, the tool is universal.
- Apart from standard models, in the catalogues, you can find dead-blow ones. The cavity of their heads is filled with loose particles. These tools are convenient to use and feature minimal recoil.
- You can buy rubber mallets with a wooden handle. It withstands exposure to fluids used for car maintenance very well. Besides, models with wooden handles are often sold at a low price. Metal handles are durable, fibreglass ones are easy to clean.
- These tools differ depending on their weight. It is recommended to use light models for tasks that require high precision.
- Before you get started, make sure that all parts of the tool are securely attached to each other. A worker can get injured if a segment detaches during the procedure.
- If a strong blow is required, you should grip the handle far from the head. If it is necessary to control the force applied, it is better to hold the device closer to the working part.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can buy hammers and axes with quality guarantee. Become a customer of onlinecarparts.co.uk and see for yourself that all products for car repairs and maintenance can be inexpensive yet of high quality. If you want to be sure whether rubber mallets you like suit certain tasks, contact our customer support team. Competent specialists of our online shop know everything about product specifications and will be happy to help you get a bargain purchase.