Axes are used during construction works in an auto repair shop. They will also be useful while camping out for cutting branches and splitting logs. The tool is equipped with a metal blade attached at a right angle to the handle.
Axes: 7 important facts
- Products in the manufacturers’ catalogues differ depending on the intended purpose. Versatile ones are suitable both for splitting logs and for cutting small bushes and trees. Plasterer’s models have a small handle and a wide functional element. With their help, surfaces are prepared for finishing. Camping tools are lightweight and compact, quite often they are supplied with a case for safe transportation. Firefighter tools are used for breaking doors and demolishing various constructions. Often, they have a dielectric handle. A pick can be placed on the opposite side of the working part.
- In an online shop, you can find tools with a pointed steel blade or one made of non-ferrous metal. The former type is more durable and has a low price, the latter one eliminates the chance of spark formation during the work.
- Online, you can buy products with wooden, metal or fibreglass handles. Tools with a wooden element are inexpensive, however, they may crack when exposed to moisture. Models with metal handles are extremely robust but using them is not always convenient as they weigh quite a lot. Besides, they can’t absorb vibration. Fibreglass accessories are characterised by resistance to moisture, oils and other fluids and a small weight.
- Please, make sure that the head is securely attached, and the handle has no defects before using the tool. Using faulty devices can lead to serious injuries.
- If there is a strap attached to the axe, put your hand through it to get a more secure grip.
- It is necessary to transport the device in a special case or sheath.
- You should store the tools in a place with moderate air humidity. This will help to protect the working part from corrosion.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Would you like to buy axes, hammers and other products for car or garage repairs? Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk. Here you can purchase goods of high quality at a bargain. Place your order right now and your purchase will be delivered as soon as possible.