Hammers are striking hand tools one can use to make holes, remove stuck car parts, and install rivets. They have a handle and a functional part with one or two faces.
Hammers: 8 important facts
- There are solid or composite models. The former type is more durable, the latter one can be repaired if necessary by replacing a faulty element. That allows you to avoid buying a new tool.
- These devices differ by the design of a head. For example, both its sides can have striking faces that differ in size and shape. There are also heads with a claw end instead of a face.
- The striking part and handle can be made of different materials or the same one. Tolls with a metal striking face are highly durable and suitable for a wide range of tasks. Manufacturers use different metals, in particular, steel, lead, brass. It is also possible to buy hammers with a copper head. As a rule, they are suitable for dealing with thin soft materials. Besides, faces can be plastic, rubber or wooden, for example. They are ideal for auto body works.
- Models in the catalogues differ depending on the intended purpose. For example, machinist hammers are used for mounting and dismounting various parts. Apart from that, it is possible to adjust the shape of metal workpieces with their help. Sledgehammers will be useful for tasks that require significant force to be applied. Their feature is being extremely heavyweight. Auto body items help to get rid of dents on the vehicle. There are also tools that make cleaning slag and spatter created during welding much more convenient. Most often, the handle of these devices is fitted with a spring that absorbs vibrations.
- There are also dead blow hammers; their heads are filled with loose particles. Due to this feature, there is almost no recoil after the blow.
- It is better not to hold the car part to be hit with your hands. To secure the component, you can use vices or pliers, for instance.
- If you hold the tool by the end of its handle, you’ll be able to deliver the strongest blows. However, if you need a precise strike, you should hold the device closer to the striking head.
- Before you get started, make sure that all parts of the device are securely attached to each other. Besides, there must be no cracks on it.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk.
Here, you’ll find a variety of hammers and axes. These products are inexpensive but make carrying out different operations during car or garage repairs much easier. Rapid delivery will be a pleasant complement to our low prices. In case you need more information about the services provided by our online shop or the tools we sell, contact our consultants from the customer support service.