Hammer handles are exposed to significant loads. At the same time, unlike hammer heads, many of them aren’t made of highly durable materials and, therefore, become out of order earlier. Most often it is possible to replace a broken handle without buying the whole tool.
Hammer handles: 7 important facts
- In general, different kinds of wood are used in the production of these items: for example, acacia, birch, walnut. It is a hard material that can well withstand mechanical stresses. Besides, wood can absorb vibrations. Wooden devices can be used at low ambient temperatures. And they are pleasant to hold. Their other advantage is a low price.
- Many of the devices are lacquered. This reduces the chance of defects appearing on the surface. On the other hand, tools without a lacquer coating almost do not slip in hands.
- These items differ in size. As a rule, the longer they are, the easier it is to do the works requiring a significant impact.
- Wooden handles should not be exposed to water and temperature fluctuations. They can crack or decay because of inappropriate storage.
- The replacement hammer handle should be inserted into the head until it fits tightly. You should hit the other end of the handle with a hard blunt tool. If the working part of a hammer isn’t securely fixed, it might detach during the procedure and injure the worker.
- Before getting down to work, it is necessary to examine the hammer for damages. Using a tool with defects can be dangerous.
- The position of your hands on the handle should be chosen depending on the task to be done. For example, if it is necessary to deliver a precise blow to the treated component, it is necessary to hold the hammer closer to the head. And if you need the strike to be strong, it is better to hold the handle by the part that is farther from the tool head.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
On our website, you’ll find hammers, axes, screwdrivers, handsaws and other products that will be useful when repairing a vehicle or a workshop. There are also replacement parts for some tools in the catalogue. In particular, here you can buy hammer handles. These inexpensive elements will allow you to fix the device with minimum spend. Delivery of purchases from onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop takes very little time.