Half-moon spanner is a tool used for carrying out repair works in the engine compartment when the access to the component is limited. It is a double-sided curved device made of high-hardness steel.
Half-moon spanners: 5 important facts
- By shape, there are S-shaped and C-shaped devices. The latter are more popular. They can have a ring profile either on one end or on both ends.
- By design, there are standard and ratchet tools. The former ones are cheap, durable and reliable. The latter ones are less reliable but suitable for performing works in tight spaces. Sometimes, they can be also fitted with a reversing mechanism.
- By the type of the working profile, there are twelve-point and six-point models. The former ones are more expensive but allow dealing with the components of different types. The latter ones are designed to only perform works with the fasteners that have the corresponding number of edges.
- When performing works, it is necessary to observe the instructions. For example, it is not acceptable to use the tool for loosening fasteners that are smaller as this can cause damage both to the device and the fastener itself. Before dismantling a starter or any other device, the negative terminal must be detached from the battery. It is not allowed to apply too much force to the tool. It is not desirable to let the tool fall down.
- When the work is done, the tool has to be thoroughly cleaned and dried. It should be stored in a dry place.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
You can buy half-moon spanners at the onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop without any delays. You just need to find a suitable item in our user-friendly catalogue and place an order. Here you’ll find various kinds of tools at an affordable price. We will process and fulfil your order, and deliver the purchase on time. You can get professional advice and information about special offers from our customer support team.