When maintaining an ignition system, you can use special spark plug spanners. With their help, it becomes possible to install or dismantle spark plugs even in hard-to-reach places. The functional part of the tool is a hollow socket with facets inside.
Spark plug spanners: 9 important facts
- The socket often features parts that improve the grip on a spark plug and make unscrewing it easier. For example, these can be a neodymium magnet or a rubber bushing. There are also items fitted with a spring. It grips the car part and allows taking it out together with the tool.
- Today you can buy spark plug spanners of different designs. As a rule, solid devices are relatively cheap. They are made in the form of a tube whose one end is fitted with a T-shaped handle or a shank for a tap wrench to be attached. Tools of this type are robust and durable. There are also models with a swivel joint that allows adjusting the position of the working part. They are very convenient for removing car parts placed at an angle.
- Usually, spark plug spanners are made of steel. Their handles can be plastic.
- In our catalogue, there are devices of various sizes. The longer they are, the more convenient it is to work with elements in recesses.
- The spark plug spanner you’ve chosen should comply with the parameters of the component you’re going to install. If you fail to meet these requirements, the risk of damaging the sides of a spark plug metal shell gets higher.
- Before you start to work, be sure to study the recommendations listed in the in your car’s service manual. For example, some manufacturers advise to tighten the new car part by hand at first and only after that use the tool.
- When using the device, it is better not to apply too much force. This way, you’ll reduce the risk of damaging the tool and car unit you are working on.
- Before you install new spark plugs, it is recommended to apply a special anti-seize compound to their threads - this makes it easier to remove them in future.
- Removing the spark plugs requires some preparations, namely - cleaning the dirt around them. Thanks to it, foreign particles won’t get inside the engine cylinders. It is recommended to do the cleaning with pressurised air supplied by a compressor. A soft brush is also needed for this procedure.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer spark plug spanners with quality guarantee. Thanks to our low prices, you won’t spend too much buying suitable products. Besides, competent consultants working at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk are always ready to help you to make the choice.