Combination spanners are double-sided universal tools with an open-end head on the one and a ring head – on the other side. It is convenient to use them for mounting and dismounting various threaded fasteners.
Combination spanners: 8 important facts
- There are standard and long models. The latter ones allow transmitting higher impact and are used for carrying out works with hard-to-reach car parts.
- There are tools fitted with a ratcheting mechanism that helps to tighten the fastener, observing the required torque. There are also models with a working part made in the form of a socket. They are perfect when dealing, for instance, with wheel fasteners.
- The devices differ in terms of the possibility to change the position of the head in relation to the handle. Solid models are the most robust ones. You can also buy combination spanners with a swivel that allows to move the working part. They enable you to work at an angle.
- The material they are made of is, as a rule, tool or chromium vanadium steel. For corrosion protection, they can have a chrome, zinc or some other coating.
- Combination spanners should only be used for the intended purpose. In particular, you shouldn’t use them for hitting: this might damage both the tool and the treated element.
- You shouldn’t change the design of the device. Before getting down to work, it is necessary to examine the spanner for damage. It is prohibited to use it if there are any cracks, chips, worn edges. Besides, you shouldn’t start dismantling a part if its surface is wet or dirty.
- During the working process, it is necessary to increase the applied impact gradually without any jerky movements. You shouldn’t use any additional levers, hammers.
- As a rule, maintenance and care of the tools doesn’t involve using any chemicals. When the work is done, it is sufficient to clean them using a soft cloth without any water. The tools should be kept in the place where they will remain dry for sure. The best option is a tool box with a lid.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
If you need a useful and affordable device for dealing with threaded parts, have a look at our catalogue. There is a great variety of combination spanners. Our prices give you a possibility to make advantageous purchases even within a small budget. The equipment ordered from us will perform its functions properly, facilitating your vehicle or garage repairs. Specialists from the onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will be happy to help you to choose products with the specifications that meet your requests.