Ring spanners are widely used to mount and dismount fasteners with flat sides. The risk of damaging them is almost excluded because the load is distributed evenly during the process. You can use this tool only if access to components is free.
Ring spanners: 7 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, you can come across the instruments with one or two working heads. The former type is suitable for mounting fasteners of only one particular size. The latter type can have a ring or open-ended second head. Therefore, their functional parts are intended for operations with fasteners of various sizes and shapes.
- The working heads of the tools offered in the online shop can have 6 or 12 points. Devices of the second type are multi-purpose. They are suitable both for twelve- and six-point profiles.
- It is also possible to buy ring spanners of various shapes. The most widely spread and versatile are straight ones. C- and S-shaped tools are intended for specific purposes and may be used, in particular, when disassembling a starter as well as some other vehicle units. The working part of the devices can be straight, bent at an angle or offset.
- The instruments can be solid, slogging or ratchet. The first type has a head made as a single piece with the handle. These devices are robust and inexpensive. The second type features a shorter handle and is used together with a hammer or sledgehammer. It is perfect for removing stuck components. Tools of the third type are fitted with a ratcheting mechanism, therefore, they are convenient to use. However, they are not designed for high loads.
- The size of the device should comply with the dimensions of the fastener. If the contact area is insufficient, there is a high risk that the sides of the fastener will be damaged.
- Examine the equipment for defects very thoroughly. In case any damage is found, it is better not to use it to avoid injuries.
- After working, clean all the devices with a dry cloth and put away into a toolbox. This will help to prevent corrosion.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Would you like to buy ring spanners and other types of spanners, screwdrivers, hammers, pullers, and other products at an affordable price? Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk. Here you can purchase everything you need to repair your car at a bargain. Our assistants from the customer support service will be happy to help you select the required items. Your orders will be delivered very soon afterwards.