Socket wrenches have a working head with a polygonal hole that grips the fastener not only from the sides but from above as well. They fit the part that is being unscrewed tightly, thus achieving even distribution of the force applied. Most often, these are perfect tools for removing car parts located in recesses.
Socket wrenches: 5 important facts
- These products differ by their intended purpose. Universal tools made of steel are mainly used for car maintenance. Sometimes, they have a chromium coating to protect them from rust. For more safety, you should use models with insulated handles when dealing with elements of car wiring. Tools with a copper coating are useful for carrying out works in fire hazardous conditions.
- Tools vary depending on their design. Solid ones withstand loads very well. If you need to remove parts with restricted access to them, you can buy socket wrenches with a swivel. Thanks to it, the position of the working element can be easily adjusted in relation to the handle. Some models of this type are fitted with swivelling functional parts on both ends. Each of them is intended for working with fasteners of a certain size. You can also choose a universal device that resembles a tube. To it, you should attach a socket that fits the size of the fastener. Most often these tools and interchangeable drive sockets are sold as a set.
- Socket wrenches differ by the shape. There are straight tools with a hole for a tommy bar. L-shaped devices have two functional parts placed at right angles to each other. Sometimes, one of the ends is fitted with a hole for operations with long threaded parts. In the catalogues, you can also find Y-shaped items with three sockets of a different diameter.
- Before you start working, it is necessary to read the manufacturer’s recommendations. After that, you should make sure that the device isn’t damaged.
- You shouldn’t apply too much force to a wrench because this might lead to its premature failure. If it is difficult to remove a part because it is corroded, treat it with penetrating fluid.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Are you looking for inexpensive tools for car repairs? At onlinecarparts.co.uk, high-quality products at reasonable prices are waiting for you. We provide a quality guarantee for socket wrenches and other products. If you need any additional information about how to make purchases at our online shop or about technical features of the devices, feel free to ask our customer support team. They will be happy to help you make your decision.