Cutting pliers are manual plier-type tools that can be used for cutting small parts made of metal and plastic, like electric cables. They have two jaws with sharp blades and handles that work as levers. They are suitable for repairing car wiring.
Cutting pliers: 8 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, you may come across the tools that differ by the position of working elements. For example, end cutting pliers feature jaws that are at right angles to the handles while in diagonal ones they are aligned. Tools of the former type are suitable for cutting shorter objects and the latter – for cutting both long and short elements. Some diagonal pliers can be designed for working with parts with a diameter of less than 2.5 mm and others – of up to 12 mm.
- Our online shop offers products that differ by dimensions and weight. As a rule, heavy-duty cutting pliers with long handles are suitable for handling thick rods. These devices are often fitted with a double leverage system that increases the applied force.
- Special models called wire strippers are used for removing insulation from wires. They have recesses on the blades and allow doing this diligent work without damaging the inner conductor.
- Different kinds of steel are used in the production: chromium-vanadium, chromium-molybdenum, hardened.
- Each device is intended for dealing with parts of a certain thickness. This parameter is stated on the package and it must not be exceeded.
- Blades should close completely when cutting. If this is not so, you should use a larger device.
- In order to prevent injuries, avoid having your fingers between the jaws of the tool. Before you start working with wires, it is important to make sure that they are not under voltage.
- It is better to choose a dry, ventilated place for storage. This will allow reducing the risk of corrosion. In order to protect moving parts from getting stuck, lubricate them occasionally.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can buy cutting pliers, needle nose pliers, wire strippers, scissors and other first-class tools for vehicle repairs at low prices. Browse the product range of onlinecarparts.co.uk: you’ll definitely find everything you need. If you have any questions, ask our competent specialists from the customer support team. They are ready to provide you with information about the products you’re interested in and will do everything to arrange the delivery as soon as possible.