Snap ring pliers are used for working with retaining snap rings of bearings, control arms and other components. They have tapered working parts that are intended to be inserted into the holes of the fasteners before mounting or dismounting them.
Snap ring pliers: 9 important facts
- These tools differ depending on the shape of their working parts. For example, the plates can be straight or curved to make it possible to work in hard-to-reach places. Most often, the bend angle is 15°, 45° or 90°.
- Usually, manufacturers specify the size of the fasteners the model is designed for. Some tools are suitable for dismantling parts with the diameter below 13 mm and others – for those of over 85 mm.
- Models shown in the catalogues differ in design. For example, some of them are fitted with long handles. Squeezing them requires less effort. If the circlips to be demounted are located in a hard-to-reach place, devices with long tips will be very useful.
- There are snap ring pliers designed for external or internal retainers. When the handles are squeezed by a worker, the former ones open the fastener, while the latter ones close it. Besides, it is possible to buy a universal tool that can be used for both types of fasteners.
- As a rule, steel is used to produce these tools. They often have a chrome or zinc coating.
- You can order snap ring pliers both separately or as a kit. Kits include several interchangeable elements that enable you to work with parts of different size and shape.
- The tools should only be used for the intended purpose. Do not use them as an alternative to pliers or industrial tweezers.
- Before you start the work, it is necessary to check the device for any defects. Never use damaged tools.
- These tools do not need any special care. Using a dry cloth to eliminate contaminants is usually enough. It is necessary to occasionally lubricate metal parts.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We offer you to inexpensively buy products required for high-quality car repairs right today. Here, you can find cutting pliers, pliers, wire strippers, tin snips and power shears, snap ring pliers and other products. If it is hard for you to choose the items suitable for accomplishing your tasks, consult the assistants of the onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop. They will be happy to help you select the products with the price and characteristics that would satisfy you