Cable tie tools are used when repairing car electric equipment. They help to bunch several cables together and to remove the loose end of the tie right away, which is hard to do with the use of, for instance, combination pliers. When you use the special tool, the risk of getting injured is much lower than when you try to tie metal fasteners manually.
Cable tie tools: 6 important factors
- The most popular are the devices that look like pliers. Their design features two ergonomic handles, large working plates, and elements responsible for tightening the tie and cutting its loose end. It is necessary to squeeze the handles several times to tension the fastening strap. Its loose end is cut off due to the mechanical impact created either by turning the device or by pressing a special lever.
- There are also tools made in the shape of a gun. As a rule, the main advantage of these models is an automatic cut-off function. The device removes the unnecessary part of the fastener automatically when the required tension is reached.
- In many cases, it is only recommended to use cable tie tools with the fasteners made of certain materials. For example, there are standard tools intended to be used with nylon elements, and there are also reinforced ones – to be used with steel ties.
- The devices can be made of different materials. Most often, these are plastics or aluminium. Many models offered in the catalogues are fitted with rubberised handles.
- The mechanisms vary depending on the width of the ties they are designed for. As a rule, the allowable range of sizes is stated by the manufacturer.
- If you use a device with an automatic cut-off function, always make sure that the tension adjuster is in the appropriate position. Proper functioning of the tool depends on this.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Here you can order a great number of inexpensive products that will be very useful when repairing a vehicle or arranging the working area. For example, you can buy cable tie tools, cutting pliers, pliers, wire strippers, tin snips and power shears. Specialists of onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will be happy to share their knowledge with you, and will help you to make a good purchase. In addition to moderate prices and first-class services, we also offer the possibility to get a free delivery.