Industrial tweezers are used to grip and hold various small elements by pressing two narrow tips together. They are suitable for working with components located in hard-to-reach places. You might need them, for example, while disassembling car electronic devices and when dealing with tiny parts of the interior trim.
Industrial tweezers: 7 important facts
- These devices differ depending on the shape and size of the tips. They can be straight or curved, have large or small notches. The length of these tools, in most cases, is about 125–200 mm.
- The tools are often made of steel: stainless, alloy, hardened. Nickel, titanium alloys and other materials are also used. In the catalogues, you can also find devices with anti-glare, galvanic or antistatic coatings. Some manufacturers produce models that are highly resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- There are self-locking devices. They differ from standard ones by the way they operate; when force is applied, they do not grasp an object but open wide and let the item out. Therefore, an effort should be made only at the beginning of the process and there is no need to strain your hand while working.
- If it is necessary, you can buy industrial tweezers intended for specific purposes. For example, if you’ll have to work with tiny parts, tools with sharp thin tips will be very useful. In order to make handling current conductors safer, use insulated devices.
- Buying a set with two or more tools will be a good idea if you have to deal with parts of different shapes and sizes.
- Use the devices strictly according to the manufacturer’s instructions. For example, you shouldn’t open the device too wide as that may lead to its failure. Many models should not be exposed to high temperatures.
- When the work is done, clean the equipment with a dry or damp cloth, if necessary. It is not recommended to use sponges with abrasive surfaces or chemicals. You should choose a dry and clean place for storage.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk.
We offer first-class industrial tweezers with quality proven by warranty. As a rule, they are inexpensive but make repairing some car units significantly easier. Besides, here you can buy some other popular items as well: cutting pliers, needle nose pliers, wire strippers, scissors, etc. If you order everything you need from our online shop in one go, you’ll be able to save on delivery costs.