A hand rivet tool is used for joining car parts that have a rigid, uniform surface. In particular, they are ideal for fastening together thin metal parts if welding is impossible. At the preparatory stage, holes of equal diameter should be drilled in the workpieces. After that, a rivet of the corresponding size is put into the working part of the tool. When the lever is pressed, the fastener is squeezed and fills the hole. The remainder of the mandrel is cut or screwed out.
Hand rivet tools: 5 important facts
- Models offered in the catalogues are designed for elements made of certain materials: steel, copper, aluminium, plastics. At the online shop, you can buy tools suitable for working with blind (pop) rivets and threaded fasteners.
- Commercially available are also compact models with only one handle. They are ideal for working in tight spaces. The disadvantage of these devices is that they are intended to install only small fasteners.
- It is possible to order double-handled tools for operations with large elements. They allow to apply a greater force and are often fitted with a riveter mandrel collector. These riveters are impossible to use in enclosed spaces, which is considered to be their disadvantage.
- When drilling a hole in the processed parts, it is important to consider the fact that its diameter should be, on average, 0.2 mm larger than that of the fastener. Using too small rivets will result in the rivet looseness, while too large ones will cause uneven edges. If the parts to be joined are supposed to withstand significant loads, steel fasteners should be used.
- Mandrels should be pulled out gently without jerky movements, holding the tool at a right angle to the joined parts. This way, you’ll be able not just to carefully complete the operation, but also to prevent premature failure of the device.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
If you need to inexpensively order hand rivet tools, cutting pliers, pliers, wire strippers, scissors or other products for vehicle repairs, visit onlinecarparts.co.uk. Here you can purchase everything you need on the most favourable terms. Thanks to the guidance by competent assistants from our online customer support, you can buy a suitable product without wasting your time. The parcel will be delivered in a short time.