Tyre inflators help to maintain the pressure in tyres at a certain level. This tool is powered by a compressor and has a built-in tyre pressure gauge. The hose of the tool is connected to the tyre valve stem, and when the button is pressed, compressed air flows into the tyre. When the pressure reaches the specified value, you should release the button. You can let the excess air out using a special valve.
Tyre inflators and tyre pressure gauges: 8 important facts
- Measurement instruments can be analogue and digital. The advantages of the former type are robust design and affordable price. The latter type allows controlling the measured parameter with high precision.
- You can buy a tyre pressure gauge in a rubberised housing. It resists mechanical damage better. Devices with a plastic housing are corrosion-resistant, lightweight, metal ones are durable and reliable.
- As a rule, tyre inflators for passenger cars are fitted with measurement instruments with the smallest scale divisions. They allow monitoring even the slightest changes in the measured parameter.
- When you choose a product, pay your attention to its performance. It is defined by the air volume supplied over a certain time. The most common are models that consume 100–200 l per minute.
- These tools may differ in the diameter of the fitting. Depending on it, the hose may or may not fit the device.
- It is necessary to check the equipment for defects from time to time. It is not recommended to use damaged devices or repair them yourself. In most cases, you will have to buy a tyre inflator to replace the faulty one.
- It is better to choose a dry, heated and well-ventilated place for storage. It is important to protect the equipment form any contacts with aggressive chemicals like alkali or acids.
- It is not recommended to measure the pressure in the tyres just after the car has stopped: the results might not be accurate.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Are you looking for a high-quality tyre inflator with a tyre pressure gauge? Take a look at the range of products our online shop offers. Here you’ll find first-class pneumatic tools and accessories from reliable manufacturers. Most models are inexpensive; moreover, we provide an opportunity to get free delivery.