First aid kits are car accessories which can save health and even life of the vehicle driver and passengers in certain situations. Particularly, with them, you can timely offer first aid to people injured in a road accident.
First aid kits: 10 important facts
- In many countries, the driver is legally obliged to carry this safety element in the car. Moreover, in some of them, the driver may be fined during police inspection if the kit is absent.
- Contents of first aid kits are regulated by law. Apart from various dressings and other medical products, they often contain a brochure describing specific first aid measures.
- You can’t use different medications instead of those required by law. Nonetheless, you can keep some additional medical products in your car, though they still have to belong to those approved for use in the car first-aid kit.
- First aid kits can differ in the number of objects they contain. It should correspond to the number of passengers stated in the vehicle specifications. For example, for motorcycles, ATVs and scooters, there are small first aid kits designed for two persons. As a rule, they can be purchased at a relatively low price. While large cases containing medications for 9 and more passengers are offered for minivans and minibuses.
- The kit should be put away from direct sunlight. It is important to choose an easy-to-reach location to store it, for instance, under the front passenger seat. This way you’ll be able to reach the medical supplies as soon as possible in an emergency. Moreover, the accessory should not hinder car driving.
- It is important to fasten the kit properly. Otherwise, it may slip, particularly, at sharp braking.
- Manufacturers offer various packages. For instance, boxes and soft packs with zippers are available. You can buy first aid kits with fasteners for installation inside of the cabin.
- Contents of the case should be inspected regularly because they degrade in course of time. If you used, for instance, an adhesive bandage or a dressing, you need to quickly replace them.
- Purchasing two kits and installing them both in the front and rear parts of the passenger compartment will be a convenient solution. This is particularly important for vehicles with many seats.
- If you are going to visit a foreign country, check its legislation requirements concerning first aid kits.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer first aid kits at affordable prices. If you need to get this accessory as soon as possible, choose a product in the catalogue and make an order right now. Thanks to well-organized work of our online shop employees, delivery will be performed within the shortest terms.