If a road accident happened or a car is stranded on the road due to a technical malfunction, road safety rules demand that the driver should make it conspicuous to other road users. For this you’ll need a warning triangle; it is a flat triangle with light-reflecting elements. In most countries, the law requires this accessory to be carried in the car.
Warning triangles: 9 important facts
- The manufacturers’ catalogues include solid and folding models. The former type is heavier but stable, the latter – lightweight and compact.
- The accessories can be made of metal, plastics or both. The metal ones are more durable but are prone to corrosion. The plastic ones have smaller weight, however, this makes them less stable. The combined triangles are made of plastics and come with a metal frame; they are considered reliable and stable.
- Sides of the accessories are sanded and usually are covered with a pad made of rubber or plastics. This allows avoiding palm injuries while installing the accessory.
- Our online shop offers products with various quantities of supporting legs. The more of them, the more stable the triangle. Apart from this, there are products with a heavy base which prevents the item from tripping.
- These accessories can be equipped with LEDs along the perimeter to be even more conspicuous to other road users. Such products are especially efficient at night.
- It is recommended to store a warning triangle in a cover, which usually comes in the kit. There is only one requirement – in case of an emergency, you should be able to reach the item easily.
- Before getting out of the car and to the road, you need to put on a safety vest with light-reflecting elements. If several vehicles were damaged in the road accident, warning triangles should be set near each broken down car. The exact distance from the accessory to the damaged vehicle is defined by road traffic regulations active in each particular country.
- In case of poor or limited visibility, it is recommended to set two triangles at the same time or use a special warning light to mark the broken car.
- In some cases, the accessory is used during towing: it should be placed on the back of the broken car.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Do you want to buy warning triangles at affordable prices? Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk. Here you will find a wide range of high-quality automotive products you can purchase inexpensively. Order everything you need online by making just a few clicks and save both time and money.