Pneumatic drills are designed for drilling holes in a variety of materials: metal, plastics, wood. Besides, if interchangeable bits are available, it can be used for sanding and polishing auto body parts, for installing and removing fasteners. The device is driven by compressed air that rotates the motor impeller connected to the shaft and chuck. The latter holds the working part: a drill bit, a grinding disc, etc.
Pneumatic drills: 8 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, you can find straight devices; with the rotation axes of the chuck and the motor aligned with each other. These tools can be cylindrical or pistol-grip. The former are perfect for boring holes vertically, while others are good for horizontal drilling as well. Besides, you can also buy right angle models. The rotation axis of the chuck is positioned a right angle to the axis of the motor. These devices are useful for working in enclosed spaces, for example, under the bonnet.
- At the online shop, you can buy products suitable for working with car parts made of various materials. For example, there are pneumatic drills designed for making holes in steel workpieces, which are characterised by a low number of revolutions per minute (under 800). As for plastic components, they can be processed with the devices whose rpm is about 2,500. And if you need to drill soft metal, give your preference to the device with the working part making over 2,500 revolutions per minute.
- The tools differ in the type of the chuck. So, some of them require a special key to install the bit, while in the others you just have to insert it.
- Pneumatic drills differ from each other in air consumption. The power of the tool depends on this parameter.
- Before you start, it is necessary to make sure that the bit is compatible with the device and is securely fixed, and also to examine the equipment for any defects. It is dangerous to use faulty tools.
- Only change the bit when air supply is switched off. Moreover, never touch the moving parts. It is also important to regularly check whether the hose isn’t stretched or twisted.
- It is recommended to always wear personal protective equipment: gloves, goggles, earmuffs when working with the tool.
- In order to extend the lifespan of the device, it is recommended to lubricate its moving parts. Besides, the air humidity in the room where pneumatic tools are stored must not be higher than 70%.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Here you can buy pneumatic drills and many other things at affordable prices. To buy products inexpensively and quickly, contact our customer support team. They will be happy to help you place an order online, and will ship your purchase in a short time.