An air needle/chisel scaler can be used to clean welds, remove mill scale, old paint, corrosion stains. It enables you to clean large areas in a short time. The energy of compressed air is converted into mechanical energy due to the distribution mechanism. It forces pistons and anvils to make reciprocating motions. At the end of the stroke, these elements hit the shank of a working part that gets in contact with processed workpieces.
Air needle/chisel scalers: 7 important facts
- The working element is often made of several metal needles. You can extend each of them to the required length. This configuration makes the tool convenient for scaling irregular surfaces. In the catalogues, you can come across some models with additional accessories - chisels. They are used for processing small areas.
- For long-term operations, it is more convenient to use an air needle/chisel scaler which has its handle attached to the body at an angle. For performing tasks in hard-to-reach places, it is better to use compact, straight devices.
- The tool can also be equipped with a vibration absorber. It reduces vibration significantly and, as a consequence, mitigates the risk of damaging the processed workpiece. Some models are fitted with a vacuum shroud for dust collection.
- The device can be switched on only after all fasteners have been checked for proper tightening. Besides, it is necessary to make sure that the fittings and hoses are air-tight.
- While operating the equipment, it is recommended to wear protective goggles as a lot of dust is being produced in the process. It is also reasonable to use earmuffs.
- To extend the lifespan of the device, it is recommended to use a lubricator; it is attached to the hoses of the equipment and lubricates bearings automatically. Note that it has to be refilled with suitable machine oil regularly. You can add a few drops of lubricant manually as an alternative to using a lubricator. It is usually done once every two hours of work.
- You mustn’t let an air needle/chisel scaler out of your hands unless all its moving elements are completely still. Before putting the device away for storage, it has to be thoroughly cleaned. As a rule, all you need is a dry cloth and compressed air. It is not advisable to use any chemicals.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer air tools and accessories with a quality warranty. All the products in our shop are inexpensive and make car maintenance much easier. Competent consultants from our online shop will be happy to help you to buy an air needle/chisel scaler and other products with an appropriate price and characteristics.