Air nippers are designed for cutting plastic, copper, steel. In particular, they are used when working with electric cables. They are powered by compressed air and operated by a lever built in the housing or by a foot pedal. These tools are fitted with interchangeable blades that can be bought separately.
Air nippers: 7 important facts
- Models vary depending on the maximum thickness of the material which they are designed for. The same tool can be suitable for working with 0.5 mm thick steel parts and 1 mm thick copper ones.
- The more air the tool consumes, the higher its performance is.
- You can buy air nippers together with a special stand. With it, you can secure the tool on the workbench.
- During the working process, small metal chips are discharged; they can get into the eyes. Thereby, it is recommended to wear special goggles. It is also important to prevent fingers or clothes from getting into the working area.
- Getting down to work, it is necessary to make sure that air tools and accessories work properly. Fittings and couplings should be airtight. You should prevent hoses from kinking.
- Parts of the equipment need lubricating. For this purpose, you can either install a lubricator or periodically add several drops of oil manually. You should use the lubricant recommended by the manufacturer of your tools.
- To clean the device, blow it through with compressed air. The equipment should be kept away from moisture and dust. The most convenient way to do it is to use a toolbox. If the device isn’t supposed to be used in the near future, it is recommended to apply lubricant to its parts.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Would you like to buy air nippers and other tools quickly? Take a look at our catalogue today and choose a suitable model in a couple of minutes. The product range of the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk is constantly growing. Besides, we set low prices: you’ll be able to equip your garage with everything you need having spent as little time and money as possible.