- Colour: Red, Blue, Yellow
- Material: ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene Copolymerisate), EVA foam
- Length [cm]: 22
- Width [cm]: 9
- Weight [g]: 80
- Height [cm]: 3.5
- Features: with rubber blade
- Condition: New
- Material: PVC
- Colour: Brown
- Length [mm]: 350
- Version: Futura Basic
- Tool handle type: Non-slip Handle
- Features: long-handled
- Condition: New
- Material: Polystyrol, PP (Polypropylene)
- Colour: Blue/black
- Max. ambient temperature to [°C]: -40
- Length [cm]: 22.8
- Width [cm]: 10
- Height [cm]: 4.6
- Weight [g]: 50
- Condition: New
With ice scrapers, car care and body cleaning in cold season are much easier. They allow removing the icing from the vehicle quickly and without damaging the paintwork.
Ice scrapers: 8 important facts
- Manufacturers use various materials. If a low product price is important for you – consider buying a plastic scraper. Automotive accessories made of ABS plastics withstand exposure to low temperatures well. Polycarbonate accessories have also proven to be a good buy: as a rule, they will serve for a long time.
- Some tools from the catalogue have additional parts. For instance, this can be a special lip that makes removing of melted snow easier or a built-in snow brush. The latter differ from one another by stiffness. Soft bristle is gentle on the vehicle’s paintwork. But stiff bristle is suitable if you need to get rid of a dense snow layer.
- If the skin on your hands is sensitive to frost, then a good solution will be an accessory with a waterproof mitt to protect you from cold. Also, there are models with special claws which help to break up large fragments of ice. Moreover, you can buy ice scrapers equipped with a flashlight - just what you need when it’s dark.
- Some manufacturers offer heated accessories powered from the cigarette lighter socket. Due to this feature, you don’t have to employ significant effort to press the glass. A tool of this type allows performing the job much faster. Remember, though, that you shouldn’t keep this tool pressed to a single spot for long and put it away for storage before it cools down.
- If your vehicle is high, you’ll need an accessory with a retractable handle to clean it quickly. With such a device, you’ll easily get even to hard-to-reach spots. However, the accessories of fixed length are usually more reliable.
- It is better to clean car windows in the evening, as in the morning this process will take more effort. Before you begin, start the car, turn on the interior heating and bend off the windscreen wiper arms.
- It is recommended to start cleaning from the side windows. While you work on them, the interior heating will heat up the windscreen. As a result, it will be easier to get rid of the ice crust.
- Clean the tool from time to time while you are working. Moreover, hold it at a slight angle to the windscreen: this will help to protect the glass from damage.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We present many first-grade ice scrapers and other automotive products. All of them are of the highest quality yet inexpensive. If necessary, experienced consultants from our online shop will help you to make your choice and place an order online.