Chamois leather is great for cleaning cars as it absorbs water and dust almost instantly, significantly shortening cleaning time. It is particularly good at cleaning headlights and lacquer painted surfaces because it leaves no stains, fibers or scratches.
6 important facts for cleaning cars with chamois leather
- Chamois leather products can differ from one another by colour, size and shape. For example, some products are made in the form of a square cloth or a glove.
- They are made of either genuine leather or synthetic materials. Natural chamois leather for car cleaning absorbs water better thanks to numerous pores, however, synthetic materials tend to last longer and are cheaper.
- Using chamois leather products in combination with chlorine-containing, acidic or other aggressive chemical substances is not recommended. They can not only stop the leather from functioning properly but also damage the surface that is being cleaned. Only cleaning products that are specifically designed for cars should be used.
- Most car accessories can be used for dry surface polishing. Therefore, you will be able to restore your car body’s glossiness without special equipment.
- Hand wash the accessories in soap solution regularly. Ironing and drying near heating devices is not recommended.
- Many chamois products should be kept dry in a case. If a case is not included in a kit then store the accessory in a clean, dry place.
Cheap and convenient purchases are available in the onlinecarparts.co.uk online-shop
In our online-shop you can buy chamois leather along with other accessories for car maintenance at affordable prices. All products in our catalogue come with a detailed description. If you have any questions, our online customer service team will be happy to answer them. They will gladly assist you in choosing the right item and will inform you about ongoing promotions that can help you save.