Ratchet spanners are extremely useful when mounting a part in enclosed spaces. A ratchet spanner will help to tighten a fastener without detaching the tool from it.
Ratchet spanners: 7 important facts and tips
- Ratchet spanners normally comprise of a handle and a working part. However, there are also models with two working parts. If this is the case one of them will be made in the form of a standard open spanner. Double-headed devices take up less storage space than two separate ones and can solve a wider range of tasks.
- The most common ratchet spanners are straight tools. We also stock offset ratchet spanners in our catalogue. They are designed for working on car parts in areas that are difficult to access.
- There are devices with additional features. For example, some have a swivel joint which allows the position of the head in relation to the handle to be changed. This is very convenient when working with vertically positioned fasteners. In addition, a ratchet spanner can be fitted with a ratchet switch that changes the direction of rotation.
- The device should not be used as an alternative to a hammer, lever, or for undoing the fasteners incompatible in size. You also should not put a pad between the functional part of the tool and a nut.
- If loosening the fasteners is difficult due to their deformation, you shouldn’t apply more force to the handle of the tool. Too much pressure can lead to the spanner breaking. In order to remove damaged bolts or nuts, it is better to use a standard ring spanner or impact tool.
- Store ratchet spanners in a dry place in order to prevent them from corrosion through water contact and, as a result, their malfunction.
- Ratchet spanners can be cleaned with a soft cloth, chemicals are not necessary.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at the online store onlinecarparts.co.uk
Are you looking for high-quality socket tools? Visit our online shop to buy ratchet spanners, drive sockets, extension bars, adapters and other products - all available with a warranty. Many of the models are inexpensive. Apart from reasonable prices, our competent customer service team are ready to offer assistance, and, in addition, we deliver goods to your door as quickly as possible.