If a car part fitted with a threaded fastener is in an awkward or difficult-to-reach place, then mounting and dismantling it with socket wrench extension bars makes the task much easier. They are placed between the wrench and drive socket.
Socket wrench extension bars: 7 important facts and tips
- Socket wrench extension bars differ depending on the type of design. Most models are made in the form of a rigid rod. They are characterised by high durability and wear resistance, can well withstand even extreme loads. In our catalogue, we also stock flexible extension bars which are used when it is necessary to loosen fasteners at an angle. With the help of this device, you’ll be able to dismantle an element located behind another component without any difficulties.
- There are devices with a universal joint; they combine the advantages of rigid and flexible models. This extension bar can be bent in different directions. Generally, its bend angle does not exceed 15°.
- If you’re going to work with the components connected to live wires, it is necessary to buy insulated extension bars, as they increase safety during these operations. Manufacturers will specify the maximum voltage the item can be used with. It is important to bear in mind that not only the extension should be insulated, but also the tools you are going to use it with.
- The length of the accessories can be between 100 mm and 200 mm. In addition they vary depending on the size of the shank.
- Do not use the product for purposes other than intended: for example, as a lever.
- Before you begin working with an extension bar you should examine it for any damage. If this is the case, never use it.
- It is recommended to lubricate the threaded fastener. This will make dismantling the fastener easier and reduce the load on the tool.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at the onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We offer socket tools designed for various tasks. Most models are inexpensive, meaning, you’ll be able to spend very little and buy a tool set that will make car maintenance much easier. We offer socket wrench extension bars, adapters, socket heads, etc. Not only low prices but also first-class service awaits you here. Our customer service department are always on hand to help you find the right part.