A Bluetooth headset allows making and answering calls while keeping your hands on the steering wheel. This way, you can use your phone in the car legally, as road traffic regulations active on the EU territory prohibit to hold it in your hands while driving. Radio waves with a frequency of 2.4–2.48 GHz are used for data transmission. Sound output is performed through a speaker or earphone.
Bluetooth headset: 8 important facts
- This device can establish a connection with a cell phone even if there are obstacles on the direct line of sight between them. Thus, you can receive and make calls with your smartphone tucked away in the glove box.
- Manufacturers offer universal equipment, compatible with almost any mobile device, and specialized – which suits only a particular brand of smartphones.
- The main advantage of a compact mini-headset with an earphone and microphone is an affordable price. You can use this device even outside of the car. Moreover, the system allows keeping your conversations private. You can buy a Bluetooth headset with a volume regulator and buttons for receiving and declining calls.
- There are portable systems equipped with a speaker instead of an earphone. They are divided into two categories: removable and integrated into the standard car audio system. The latter are usually mounted in the front panel and have a built-in battery, which is charged from the cigarette lighter socket.
- There are non-removable kits producing high-quality sound. You can’t use them outside of the car. A microphone, a holder and a speaker are usually included in such systems. There are also models that use the standard car audio instead of a separate speaker.
- Some catalogues offer Bluetooth headsets with additional functions. For example, it can be voice control, integrated phonebook, etc.
- During installation, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. As a rule, portable kits are easy to install on your own. While the installation of non-removable equipment should be entrusted to specialists. Car handsfree kits can be installed in the cigarette lighter socket, fastened to the steering wheel or on the sun visor. After installation, don’t forget to make sure that using the device is convenient for you. For instance, if you are constantly reaching for the microphone, this can reduce your concentration during driving.
- To check the operability of the accessory, start with adjusting your mobile device settings. Particularly, make sure that the Bluetooth connection is enabled.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer a wide range of electronic accessories and multimedia devices. Here you can choose a Bluetooth headset, car audio, parking sensors and much more within a few minutes. Buy high-quality equipment from us at a low price, and you’ll know that you’ve found the perfect online shop.