Parking sensors facilitate parking and make it safer. Such systems scan the area near the car and inform the driver if any obstacles are found.
Parking sensors: 8 important facts
- The number of sensors in the system can be different, for instance, 4 or 8. The higher their quantity is, the wider the visibility is and the more accurate the device works.
- The sensors can be located on the front or rear bumper. In addition, they are quite frequently used in combination with each other.
- The system equipped with ultrasonic sensors can be found in the catalogue. Emitting the waves, they receive the reflection of these waves from objects. The control unit receives the data about the speed of the signal returning, and alerts the driver. Also there are devices where a foil tape is used instead of conventional sensors. It is mounted along the whole length of the bumper. It senses changes in the electromagnetic field emitted by it.
- An alert can be of various kinds. For instance, when the car is approaching an obstacle, a sound or visual warning (numbers showing the distance to the object in centimetres or millimetres) can be given. There are models equipped with a high-resolution screen. Image from video cameras is displayed on it. In some cases the data are projected onto the windscreen. Many kinds of parking sensors provide combined alerting where the driver is warned both by audible and visible signals.
- Parking sensors should be installed by electrically skilled technicians. During installation it is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations concerning the height of mounting. Locating the sensors lower than it is prescribed increases the risk of false activation. At the same time, not all objects may appear in the area monitored by the sensors mounted too high.
- The accessories are able to perform their function at almost any ambient temperature. For example, there are models which work correctly even at −35 or +80 °С.
- The parking sensors are connected to the electronic control unit, and the unit - to the warning indicator. If the indicator is located on the dashboard then the wires are, as a rule, laid under the car interior trimming. The accessories of this type can also be wireless: in this case, mating of separate components is performed due to radiowaves.
- The sensing components of the system, which are mounted on the car body, require regular cleaning. Dirt and ice should be removed using a soft cloth. It is not recommended to use abrasive cleaning agents.
Best deals and convenient purchases at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Want to buy electronic or multimedia accessories at favourable prices? Visit our online shop. Here you can buy parking sensors and much more not only cheaply but also quickly. Products are delivered within a short time.