Batteries are required for operation of many automotive accessories, such as car alarm system fobs. They contain electrolyte and two electrodes: the positive and the negative one. They are called anode and cathode correspondingly. Material of one of the electrodes is oxidized. This process involves release of electrons. Due to electric potential difference, they move from one terminal to another. This way electric current is generated which is necessary to power a device.
Batteries: 7 important facts
- The price and operating characteristics of these accessories depend on the material they are made of. So, the elements where ammonium chloride is used for passage of current belong to the low-cost category. They are quite suitable for devices that are not exposed to intense loads. The positive electrode consists of manganese dioxide and carbon, the negative one – of zinc.
- Batteries with the positive electrode containing zinc powder, and the negative one – manganese dioxide, are quite long-lasting. For thickening the electrolyte, high-molecular compounds are used.
- Silver elements are characterized by high storage capacity. The anode contains zinc, the cathode – silver oxide. Alkali is used for improving passage of electric current. It can be sodium or potassium hydroxide.
- The advantages of batteries with lithium anode are: a long lifespan, light weight, capability of withstanding temperature variations. Cathode can include manganese dioxide, iodine, copper oxide. The electrolyte contains organic substances.
- Cylindrical accessories differ in the diameter and height. Depending on these parameters, there are 5 categories of the cylindrical elements: AAAA, AAA, AA, C and D. One can buy batteries of a rectangular shape. Their peculiarity is that the terminals are located on one side. Moreover, the catalogue includes flat round batteries.
- In the course of time, the power sources lose the capability of performing their function. Their service life is usually specified on the housing. If you keep spare batteries in the car, check from time to time whether it’s time to replace them with new ones.
- Before using the product you should check it for damages. Do not use defective accessories.
Best deals and convenient purchases at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Our website offers numerous electronic and multimedia accessories, and batteries for them. You can buy cheap high quality products right now: to do this you just need to select suitable devices and make an online order. Thanks to a simple and user-friendly website of our online shop, search will take very little time.