Voltage testers give a signal, either visual or audible, when there is current in the equipment. They allow testing various devices without disassembling them. You can use these tools to check the polarity of a battery, find failures in the vehicle mains. Some tools from this category will be useful when repairing your garage as well. They have a wider working range, in particular, it can be between 12 and 250 V.
Voltage testers: 5 important facts
- Most often manufacturers offer devices suitable for solving a great number of tasks. However, there are models intended for specific purposes, for example, used exclusively for testing the vehicle mains. They are fitted with a clamp that is connected to the car body. It, in its turn, is connected to the negative terminal of the battery, therefore, if the vehicle mains works properly, areas of bare metal will be live.
- These devices differ in their operating principles. For example, voltage testers can be of a contact type. In that case, their working parts have to touch elements of the electrical wiring. Tools of this type are simple and reliable. Besides, they are relatively inexpensive. Among the models used for testing networks in buildings, there are items that allow performing the task without contacting the wire. Voltage can be detected at a distance, even through the wall.
- When buying a device, you should pay your attention to its signalling method. For example, the tool can be fitted with neon or LED light. These devices are convenient to use only when such a signal is noticeable. When working in bright daylight, it’s better to use devices that emit a sound signal. In the catalogues, you can also find models fitted with a screen that displays the value of the measured parameter.
- These tools should be used only for the intended purpose. They shouldn’t be used for tightening or loosening fasteners. Standard screwdrivers and hex keys are intended to solve these tasks.
- When dealing with electrical wiring, it is very important to observe safety guidelines. For example, it is recommended to wear insulated rubber gloves.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Low prices and first-rate services are waiting for you at onlinecarparts.co.uk. You’ll be able to buy voltage testers quickly and having spent as little as possible. You just need to choose a suitable item and the specialists of our online shop will make sure that the purchase is delivered as soon as possible.