Screwdrivers with bits allow working with a variety of threaded fasteners. You just need to attach to the tool a tip with the corresponding profile.
Screwdrivers with bits: 10 important facts
- Bits vary depending on the type of the screw drives they are designed for. For example, flat and Phillips devices are quite widespread. They can also have a six-point star shape.
- Most often, tools with a rigid shaft are offered. They are robust and reliable. It is possible to buy screwdrivers with bits fitted with a flex shaft. With it, working with hard-to-reach components is easier.
- The design of the device can include a swivel. In that case, the position of the working part in relation to the handle can be easily adjusted. It is convenient to use a swivel when you need to install or remove a car part at an angle.
- Some devices are fitted with a magnetic telescopic shaft. With it, you can take out small metal parts from narrow spaces.
- The most convenient devices are those with a ratcheting mechanism. They allow screwing out fasteners without taking off and re-attaching the tool.
- Torque screwdrivers are used when a particular torque value should be applied while tightening the fastener. For example, they will be useful when working with airbags.
- The models offered in catalogues differ by the material of the handle. Items with a plastic handle are reliable and available at a low price. For more convenient use, the plastic element can be fitted with rubber inserts which prevent it from slipping out of hands. Besides, the handle can be coated with rubber completely. It is common for insulated tools. They are used when dealing with electrical wiring.
- There are also screwdriver sets with bits and sockets. The latter differ by the number of points inside and are used as a ring spanner. They ensure even distribution of force applied to the part.
- As a rule, there is a hole in the handle. It allows you hanging the device vertically and you shouldn’t use it for installing additional levers.
- The device should be used only for the intended purpose. It is not allowed using them as an alternative to a wedge or any other tool. Before getting down to work, it is necessary to check screwdrivers and hex keys for damage. You should also make sure that the size of the selected tool fits the fastener.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Do you need a screwdriver with bits urgently? Place an order at our online shop today and get it in a short time. All products here are inexpensive and of high quality.