Torque screwdrivers allow applying a certain tightening torque while screwing in the fastener. Depending on the model of the tool, this parameter can be controlled either visually or due to a sound signal.
Torque screwdrivers: 7 important facts
- The simplest devices of this category are fitted with a built-in dynamometer and a dial. When the part is being tightened, it displays the real-time tightening torque. It’s not very convenient to keep an eye on the dial all the time but dial indicating models are available at a low price.
- Torque screwdrivers of a torque-limiting type are fitted with a scale to set the desired torque value and belong to sound signalling devices. When the pre-set torque is reached, a click can be heard.
- The catalogues offer models which differ by the measurement accuracy. When using electronic devices, as a rule, the error is no more than 2%. This equipment can produce both sound and light signals. There are electronic devices that have to be connected to a computer for calibration. They are equipped with a screen. A built-in strain gauge is responsible for taking measurements. Mechanical tools are less accurate: the error is usually 4-8%. On the other hand, they are inexpensive and more reliable.
- Most often, you can set the tightening torque in compliance with a certain task. However, there are preset torque screwdrivers. Their factory settings can’t be changed.
- Before setting the tool for the task you have to complete, you should study the car service manual. As a rule, manufacturers state the required torque value; that will help to avoid mistakes.
- The parameters of the tool should comply with the size of the fastener. Besides, it is necessary to make sure that the working tip of the tool is always at a right angle to the head of the part. If the fastener is in a hard-to-reach place, you should use an extension bar.
- Screwdrivers and hex keys should be stored in a place protected from moisture. Besides, it is not advisable to place them near heaters.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here, you can buy torque screwdrivers quickly and without any hassle. All products at our online shop are categorised, therefore, the search won’t take much time. Submit your contact details and our specialists will reach you very soon to confirm the order details and will dispatch your parcel.