Trowels are small blades with a handle. They help to accomplish some tasks that may arise while repairing a garage or a car service shop. In particular, they are used for applying plaster to the walls and ceiling in order to eliminate cracks or irregularities.
Trowels: 7 important facts
- The working element can be made of plastic. It’s convenient to use such devices for spreading the finishing layer of plaster. The compound doesn’t stick to plastic blades. The most popular models are the ones with a metal working part, reliable and durable.
- The catalogues offer products with handles made of different materials. For example, plastic elements feature perfect resistance to moisture and they are lightweight. Tools with wooden handles are often sold at a low price but they can’t withstand being exposed to moisture for a long time. There are products with rubberised handles: they are more comfortable to hold.
- Today you can order trowels with a blade of different shapes. For instance, it can be triangular (pointing) which is very convenient if you’re going to apply mortar to the bricks, remove excess material from the joints. Bucket trowels are used to mix components and apply them between concrete blocks, drop-shaped ones – mainly for tiling. Rectangular finishing trowels enable you to measure and spread compounds. There are also building tools with a working part made in the form of two rectangles attached at an angle of 90 °. With their help, you can treat corners.
- In most cases edges of the blades are smooth. However, there are notched models. They are often used to apply glue while tiling.
- While treating walls, it is desirable to hold the tool at an angle of 45 ° to the surface. It is recommended to apply mortar upwards. Your hand should move in curves.
- It is not recommended to use tools with any defects as you will get a poorer result.
- When the work is over, it is necessary to clean the residues of mortar from the tools as quickly as possible. If the compound dries, it will be much more difficult to remove it. It is better to choose a clean and dry place to store the devices.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk.
At our website, you can choose trowels and other tools in just a couple of minutes. To place an order, you’ll have to give only a few personal details. All products at onlinecarparts.co.uk are inexpensive which helps to avoid high expenses when repairing a car or a garage. If you buy several items at once in our online shop, you’ll be able to save on delivery costs.