When repairing a vehicle, sometimes, you need to secure car parts to increase the precision of their processing. It is convenient to use clamps for that purpose. These hand tools are lightweight and occupy very little place when stored.
Clamps: 6 important facts
- Many models are made of steel or cast iron. They are used when a high clamping force is needed, for example, when working with metal blocks. Clamps with plastic plates are less durable but enable you to deal with fragile parts.
- The devices differ by operating principle. For instance, you can buy lever clamps. As a rule, they allow performing the required actions very quickly. Spring clamps are ideal for fixing tiny components. Models with bands are used for operations with elements of a complex shape. In our catalogue, you can find magnetic holders. They are convenient to use for securing metal workpieces during welding, for instance. The advantage of screw items is a significant clamping force.
- The shape and design of these devices can be different. The most popular are the G-shaped and F-shaped models. Tools of the former type are intended for a high workload. Their main element is a solid curved frame with a screw in the lower part. The design of the tools of the latter type includes stationary and movable elements. The moving part in most cases is fitted with an adjustment screw, less often – with an eccentric lever. The advantage of these devices is a wider opening capacity that allows gripping a car part at a significant distance from its edge.
- It is not advisable to use clamps with jaws made of harder material than the processed part, as it might cause its malfunction.
- Before you start working, examine the tool for damages. It should not have any chips or cracks.
- If the device is used for glueing several elements together, its functional part has to be protected from the adhesive. For that purpose, put waxed paper between the jaw and the workpiece.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the webshop onlinecarparts.co.uk
We offer a wide range of engineer’s, abrasive, and building tools, as well as many other items. All products are inexpensive which allows reducing the costs of vehicle repairs and arranging a workshop. For example, in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk you can buy clamps on favourable terms. They are available at low prices and have a quality guarantee.