Tool box lock allows to restrict access to the items stored inside and, thus, ensure their security. When the trolley is moved, it prevents drawers from opening accidentally.
Tool box lock: 6 important facts
- Most often, tool boxes are fitted with a central lock mechanism. It allows locking all drawers with one key. To prevent them from accidental opening, they can be fitted with a retaining mechanism. It prevents tools from falling out which often results in a mess and sometimes causes injuries.
- Most often the catalogues offer mortice locks. As a rule, they are installed into the front wall of the box compartment and can be opened with a flat or cylindrical key.
- Tool box locks can also be of a padlock type. As a rule, these devices connect the staples attached to the frontal part of the box compartment.
- A tool cabinet often has several locks: for example, one – for the drawers, and the other – for the door.
- If, when using a toolbox, the key sticks in the keyhole, do not apply force, or use sharp tools, or hit it. All these actions can make the device unserviceable. In most cases, a few drops of a special lubricant instilled into the hole help to solve the problem.
- Toolboxes should only be locked with the key supplied together with the lock. You shouldn’t use any improvised things instead of it. These actions often lead to a mechanism failure.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We inexpensively sell first-class devices that help to repair vehicles quickly, properly, and without any trouble. For example, we set low prices for car tool boxes and accessories. If you need to buy a tool box lock, shelf or any other element, just take a look at our products. Here, you’ll find everything you need. You can get detailed information about all characteristics of any item from the assistants of onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop.