Thread repair tools help to eliminate defects of fasteners if creating new threading on them is impossible. They are often sold in kits.
Thread repair tools: 6 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, there are tools intended for various purposes. For example, for manipulations with an external thread, there are files and dies that are screwed onto the part. In order to process the threading inside a hole, various thread taps and drill bits are necessary. They are inserted into the part and turned. These devices are needed when processing spark plug wells, for instance.
- The devices you can find in an online shop differ in their operating principles. For example, cutting models can eliminate both corrosion spots and burrs on the metal. However, they decrease the durability of the car part as they remove a layer of material. Rolling devices do not have any blades. The spare is restored due to the pressure exerted on the metal at particular places. Threads created like that feature high durability.
- You can choose adjustable and non-adjustable thread repair tools online. The former type is versatile: due to movable working elements, they can be adjusted to the required thread pitch and diameter. Tools of the latter type are solid. They are suitable for working with the fasteners of only one size and are have a low price.
- Special lubricant should be applied to the working part of the device to cool it down. From time to time remove the swarf created when the component is being processed. Pressurized air supplied by a compressor will suit the task.
- You should choose the device according to the specifications of the threaded part. If you need to repair only a small area, it is better to use adjustable thread taps and dies. They allow working more precisely.
- You should follow the manufacturer’s recommendations concerning the maintenance of certain assemblies. For example, processing threads in spark plug wells doesn’t require any pre-drilling, however, involves using extended taps.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping at the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Would you like to buy thread repair kits at a bargain? Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk. Here, you’ll find inexpensive thread taps, dies, drill bits and many other things. If you have any questions about the products we offer, feel free to ask our consultants from the customer support. They will be happy to give you detailed information about the products and help you to make an advantageous purchase.