Car air compressors help to restore tyre pressure quickly. The device, actuated mechanically or electrically, compresses the air and then pumps it into the tyre. As a rule, these car tools are equipped with a manometer, lamp and a set of connectors. The latter are used if you need to inflate a rubber boat, pool, etc.
Car air compressors: 8 important facts
- In an online shop, you can purchase products of various construction types. Diaphragm compressors operate due to the reciprocating motion of a rubber diaphragm inside the cylinder. Their advantage is a low price, disadvantages – faults in the cold season and low performance. Single- or dual-barrel devices operate due to the movement of a metal piston inside of the cylinder. They are characterized by high performance but can overheat.
- The manufacturers’ catalogues offer mechanical automotive accessories you can activate by pressing a foot or hand lever repeatedly. The electric devices are turned on by pressing a button. They operate fast and are powered from the cigarette lighter socket or from their own battery.
- Car air compressors can have an electronic or mechanical pressure gauge. The former is more accurate, but the latter is cheaper.
- Only use the device with an electric drive while the engine is running. This allows preventing fast discharge of the car battery.
- It is prohibited to disassemble the device on your own. You should contact the professionals of a service station if malfunction appears.
- While inflating a tyre, you should control the air pressure with the built-in pressure gauge: it should correspond to the required value. This value is specified in the vehicle manual.
- Set the device in the position specified by the manufacturer. Other methods of use lead to unstable operation.
- Protect the device from impacts: even the smallest damages can cause its breakdown.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can buy car air compressors and other automotive products of high quality. If necessary, consult our experienced support service specialists; they will help you to make the right choice. And placing an order will not take much time thanks to the simple online ordering form.