When doing certain repair jobs, it appears to be necessary to lift a car. Car jacks are used for this. They hold the car in a required position thanks to pressure of the hydraulic fluid, or due to increase of air volume pumped up by a compressor, or with the help of a tooted, lever or screw-type mechanism.
Car jacks: 10 important facts
- Models differ in their loading capacity. It varies in a wide range and could be 1.5 or even 50 tons. It is advisable to choose a device capable of lifting vehicles that are heavier than yours. This will help to avoid premature breakdown of the device.
- The devices offered in the catalogue differ from one another by the height to which they can lift a car. For instance, this value could be 340 or 520 mm.
- Rack-and-pinion jacks are considered the most simple-in-use accessories. One of their features is smooth operation. Their loading capacity is defined by the quantity of gears in the mechanism. Its minimum value is 0.5 tons.
- One can also purchase car jacks with a screw-type mechanism. Their advantages are stability, durability and capability of securely holding a car.
- Bottle-type jacks are hydraulic devices capable of lifting even a heavy vehicle.
- Large trolley jacks equipped with wheels and a long handle are often used at service stations. Thanks to this design, it is easy to move them under a car.
- Many models operate due to physical efforts of the user. As a rule, to achieve the needed result, you need to manipulate the handle. But there are also electrically powered models with a rechargeable battery or connected to the cigarette lighter socket.
- Car jacks should be stored in a dry clean place. Moveable parts should be treated with an anti-corrosion lubricant.
- Before use, be sure to inspect the device for damages. Never use a defective tool. It is advisable to annually send these car accessories to a service shop for inspection.
- Do not start the engine when the car is lifted with the help of such mechanisms. Moreover, jack stands should be used. Be sure to lower the car slowly.
Best deals and convenient purchases at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Need to get car tools urgently? Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop because we process orders within the shortest time and cooperate with a reliable delivery service. Moreover, here you can buy everything you need cheap. Our bargain prices on high-quality car jacks and other automotive accessories will help you to reduce your car servicing expenses.